Eastern Religions

Monday, November 27, 2006

I enjoyed today's lecture about racism. Racism is everywhere, we don't even realize it but we are being racist by doing anything. Ya, there are different degrees of racism but everyone has some degree of racism. Those who experience racism towards them all the time are more likely to be racist towards that group of people. The example of the Muslims is true, there are two different groups the Sunni and the Shi'ite. They are both killing each other yet it makes no sense. Why is anyone from the same community and basically the same beliefs killing the others in that same community. I always think of it as when I meet another Syrian person that says "gosh I hate Syrians".. I'm like uhh you are Syrian yet they claim that they are "Americanized" and they hate those FOBish Syrians. It makes sense to me because I know what it's like but it is racism against your own culture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home